Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers Feb 5 to Feb 7




Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers




Every Friday Jennifer of Crazy For Books hosts The Book Blogger Hop-The Book Blogger Hop is a great chance to meet new to you bloggers, find some new blogs to follow and gain some great readers for your own blog.   Every week about 275 or so bloggers from all over the world participate.    I have found some excellent new blogs this way and gained some wonderful readers.    I follow about 500 book blogs  and am always happy to find more.   If you follow me I will follow you.

   

   My blog for the last few months has been one third Asian literature, one third classics and one third short stories but I do read contemporary fiction also and even some YA once in a while.    I have various reading projects I am working on also.    My latest one is short stories by Australian writers of the 19th century and I also recently read  five stories by African writers in competition for the Caine Prize.    I am very into Katherine Mansfield and Virginia Woolf.  

If you visit me please leave  a comment so I can return the visit-

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-

This we she asks us say what books we are reading now and why we are reading them

I am reading The House in Paris by Elizabeth Bowen because I really liked another of her books I read earlier, Last September.    I am also reading Oliver Twist for a Read a Long.    Most days I also read at least one short story.   

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oliver Twist ... it used to be my favourite as a child ... maybe I'll read it again :-)

Mel u said...

Kah Woei-thanks as always for the visit-Oliver Twist is not his best work but for sure worth rereading-this is my second read-last time maybe 15 years ago

kavyen said...

Hop-ing by! Oliver Twist is in my list of books to read this year. I think I should re-read all the classics for some fond memories of childhood! Sigh!!

Suko said...

Oliver Twist is wonderful, in many versions and media--enjoy!

Mystica said...

Good evening Mrs Craven - The Wartime Stories of Mollie Paynter-Browne.
I just love the style of writing, the so descriptive form and everything about it.

Ash said...

I rarely read short stories but I read essays frequently. So I guess that is how it evens out for me?

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'd like to read Oliver Twist some day. I think I would need to read it as part of a group to really appreciate it - classics tend to be that way for me.
My Hop