M Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction and Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel and post Colonial Asian Fiction are some of my Literary Interests

de classics, modern fiction,
We



Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop-July 22 to July 25

Welcome to The Reading Life

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focuses on an ever evolving collections of reads but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day.   I am open to book blog events.   In August I will be the joint host on August 17 of Indonesian Short Story Day and on August 31, Malaysian Short Story Day.   These events will be hosted by bloggers with a special knowledge of the culture of these two countries.


Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-this week she asks us if there is a literary genre that we wish we were into but just cannot seem to find a way to read-my answer is just No there is not.



I will follow back all who follow me-just leave a comment letting me know you are now a follower

Mel

5 comments:

aloi said...

all genres are worth a try :) you've got an impressive set of genres already!

(ps. new follower!)

http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.com/

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

That's great that you can give any genre a try. Me, I'm kind of picky. I gotta have something supernatural going on for me to be willing to try it.

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

KristinCanRead said...

Hi! New Follower!
My Follow Friday!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This cartoon is too cute!

martha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.