Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Sunday, May 20, 2012

Book Blogger Hop May 18 to May 20

Welcome to all Book Blog Hop Visitors


It is good to see the Book Blog Hop run by Crazy for Books get started again on a regular basis.  I was a participant for a long time and I learned about lots of new to me blogs and I gained some great readers through the hop.   Every week the we are asked to answer a book related question.  Here is this weeks question

How many books do you own? This can include books in your to-be-read (TBR) pile(s) and books you have already read that are on your keeper shelf.

Once I read a book unless I really love it I do not generally have a sentimental attachment to a physical book.   I in fact way prefer reading on my Ipad to reading old fashioned books.   I have now about 250 books.   Over the years I have sold, traded, given away and truth be told thrown out may times that number of books. I know this seems blasphemous to many but what I love is literature, not physical objects.    I do have a few volumes I treasure but very few.   


My core interests include short stories of all periods and countries, Asian fiction, Irish Literature and history, the Japanese novel, modern fiction, classics and contemporary quality fiction.   


I will follow back anyone who follows me and will return all visits. Just leave me a comment please


Mel u

1 comment:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Mel, I'm sorry about Mr C. That's a cute picture of him among the stuffed toys.

I have over 200 books that include nearly 75 to-be-read books. Two days ago, I picked up a dozen used and secondhand paperbacks for Rs.10 each. Apart from books I also collect comic-books and I have nearly a 1,000 comics as well. Nowadays I have been downloading and reading a lot of copyright-free stories and novels from the 1850 to 1950 period. I give away most of the books I have read.