April 2014 was a decent reading and blogging month for me. I finished up Irish Short Story Month Year Four (hopefully year five will begin March 1, 2015).
I did several author Q and A sessions. I have done 75 so far. If you are interested in participating in this, please contact me.
The top countries of residence for visitors are the USA, the Philippines, India, Russia, UK, Canada, France, Denmark, and the Ukraine. I wish my visitors in the Ukraine the peace and safety to read in tranquility. The top cities are Manila, Mumbai, London, New York City and Dublin.
I ended the month with 3305 Twitter followers. Since inception my blog has had 2,643,408 page views.
I read these books but did not post on them-
1. The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst ***
2. Kinder than Solitude by Yiyun Li ****
3. The Marquis- Lafayette Reconsidered by Laura Auricchio - first rate biography
4. The Embrace of Unreason Framce 1914 to 1940 by Frederick Brown- very good
5. Shade Grown Slavery - The Lives of Slaves on Coffee Plantations by William C. Van Norman, Jr. Excellent academic history.
I read and posted on nine novels and a number of short stories.
I announced a new Project, Italian Women Writers.
I also thank all those who have provided me with free books. I look at everything I am sent.