Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Monday, July 28, 2014

The Meaning of the Reading Life




A young woman in Gaza searches through the ruins of her house for her precious books.

This is not meant as a political statement at all.  

To me when I see the horrors of war and greed found everywhere in the world I think what a much better place the world would be if world leaders in all areas had the priorities of this young woman.

Mel u

2 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Mel, thank you for sharing these poignant images. One can scarcely imagine the horrors of war and other manmade catastrophes.

Fred said...

mel u,

There are so many better things we can be doing, why we insist on dealing death and destruction to others is beyond me. And, we are no better.