Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction and Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel and post Colonial Asian Fiction are some of my Literary Interests





Monday, October 9, 2017

In Observation of One Million Visits to The Reading Life from Residents of the Philippines πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­









The Philippines πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ On The Reading Life - Literature and History




When I began The Reading Life on July 7, 2009 I would never have believed then that one day I will be the welcoming more than one million visitors from the Philippines to my blog.  At that time I would have thought it amazing if I just kept blogging until January 1, 2010, given my track record in life.  

Most of the visits are focused on a few posts on older stories by authors from the Philippines.  These stories are a great way for readers to keep their cultural memories of a way of life now largely forgotten awake in a society dominated by social media and huge malls.  These stories are  a great treasure for students of post-colonial Asian Literature.  

This means a lot to me.  

Sa Lahat Ng Aking Mambabsasa sa Pilipinas, Maraming Salamat


Mel u

3 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Mel, congratulations on this most deserving milestone! I wish you many more in the years to come.

Mel u said...

Prashant, thanks very much, your comments mean a lot to me.

Fred said...

Mel u--Congratulations! A spectacular milepost.