Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, September 17, 2010

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers

Every Friday Jennifer of Crazy For Books hosts The Book Blogger Hop-The Book Blogger Hop is a great chance to meet new to you bloggers, find some new blogs to follow and gain some great readers for your own blog.   Every week about 200 or so bloggers from all over the world participate.    I have found some excellent new blogs this way and gained some wonderful readers.    I follow about 500 book blogs  and am always happy to find more.   If you follow me I will follow you.

Jennifer has asked us to list our favorite book bloggers in honor of BBAW-this is very hard for me to do as I follow about 500 book blogs-some I read everything they post-others I just take a passing look at in my Google reader-this does not mean I see one blog as more worthwhile than another it just means I share more interests with some bloggers than others, as we all do.    

   My blog for the last few months has been one third Asian literature, one third classics and one third short stories but I do read contemporary fiction also and even some YA once in a while.    I have various reading projects I am working on also.    My latest one is short stories by Australian writers of the 19th century and I also just read  five stories by African writers in competition for the Caine Prize.    I am very into Katherine Mansfield and Virginia Woolf.  

If you visit me please leave  comment so I can return the visit.

thanks

Mel u.

6 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

Stopping by on the Hop!

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/friday-hop.html

Tony D said...

Hey stopping by on the hop. Your blog looks interesting, I will be following.

Deepali said...

Hi! My first visit to your blog, and I am a new follower - Do follow me back at
e-Volving Books

Anonymous said...

hi, im a new follower through the hop. have a great weekend!

booksarelikepeople.blogspot.com

bibliophiliac said...

Hi Mel, I am a devoted long-time follower stopping by on the hop. You are really doing wonderful work on the blog lately!

Heather said...

I love that your icon for this is an Edward Gorey Illustration!

New follower here, found you through the hop!

I know I'm late, but I thought it was important to hit everyone's suggestions for good blogs to check out!

Here is mine:
http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2010/09/book-blogger-hop-and-follow-friday.html