Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, October 1, 2010

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers

Every Friday Jennifer of Crazy For Books hosts The Book Blogger Hop-The Book Blogger Hop is a great chance to meet new to you bloggers, find some new blogs to follow and gain some great readers for your own blog.   Every week about 200 or so bloggers from all over the world participate.    I have found some excellent new blogs this way and gained some wonderful readers.    I follow about 500 book blogs  and am always happy to find more.   If you follow me I will follow you.

Here is Jennifer's question for this week:
How do you spread the word about your blog?
(e.g. Social Networking sites, Book Blog Directories, comments on other blogs.
..?

I use Twitter and I also if  I feel I have something to contribute I comment on the posts on the blogs I follow.   

   My blog for the last few months has been one third Asian literature, one third classics and one third short stories but I do read contemporary fiction also and even some YA once in a while.    I have various reading projects I am working on also.    My latest one is short stories by Australian writers of the 19th century and I also just read  five stories by African writers in competition for the Caine Prize.    I am very into Katherine Mansfield and Virginia Woolf.  

If you visit me please leave  comment so I can return the visit-

I will follow all who follow me-if I don't let me know please either in Google Friend connect or Twitter.

thanks

Mel u.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Why thank you for stopping by my blog.

I really like your header it turned out great. & real mean read. Is it not hard to believe that a few 100 years ago the men were big time readers and few women read anything. Now look at us!

Mad Scientist,

madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Just popping in on the hop to say hi! Twitter is a huge help in promoting new blogs:) I'm already a follower but I thought I'd drop in to say have a great weekend.

Belinda said...

Happy HOP! I use Twitter every now and then but mostly do the weekly memes. I try to visit all the blogs linked and see what everyone's up to. Hope you had a great week and enjoy your weekend!

Come HOP by my blog and visit

Tina said...

Hey! What a great blog you have here! (I just stumbled by via Friday memes).

Please keep it up, I'm a follower of yours for sure. :D

Best Wishes,
●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬●

Mary Grace said...

I don't know how to tweet (that's the correct term right?) nor do I update my twitter often. I just don't have patience with it, but fellow bloggers often use it. I think I should learn how t use it properly huh.

Already am a follower through GFC. Dropping by to say have a great weekend!! :)

Cladestine Sanctuary

Misha said...

Hopping by to say Hi! I am already a follower.
Have a great Weekend!
Misha
My Book Blogger Hop

Heather said...

Have you read A.S. Byatt's Little Black Book (book of short stories)?? I LOVE that one. It's a bit haunting and creepy.

Everyone keeps mentioning Twitter... I think I need to utilize that a bit more!

Stop by and check out my Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and Giveaway!

Laura Massey said...

I'm following from the hop. Have a great weekend!

Rachel said...

Thanks for stopping by today! I love finding other classic readers to connect with!

Unknown said...

Mel -- I love the name of your blog! New follower here -- found your blog through the blog hop! Stop by my blog if you have a chance!

brandiheathersreviews.blogspot.com

Suko said...

Hoppin' by! I didn't know you were on Twitter. I am intrigued by Twitter, but am already online too much as it is. Have a great weekend.

Pris said...

Just hopping through your blog! Love what I have seen so far and I'm a new follower, check out my blog and follow back if you like!
Pris
www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com
PS... I love your header!!

Carrie E Rundhaug said...

Just hopping by!! Great Site!! Have a great weekend!!!

Carrie
www.just-one-more-chapter.com

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I need to just get over my Twitter fear!! Argh...

Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

Christy Townzen said...

Thanks for being my first follower Mel. I'm a new follower of your blog. Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous site...love it...so organized and genre is great.

Just hopping by…


Happy Hopping, Everyone….hop on over to my blog if you like:

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

MANDY said...

I have recently started using twitter too to promote my posts. I am a new follower from the hop. Come and visit me at www.mandysescape.blogspot.com

Mel u said...

Suko-Twitter can be a huge time consumer-

redhead said...

Hopping by. . . everyone seems to be on twitter, I guess i better hop on as well!

Rob McMonigal said...

Popping by from the Hop. You have a really interesting set of reading concentrations. I must admit, I'd never heard of de Maupassant. I'm going to have to change that, based on your post.

Take care,

Rob

Stephany said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your blog is very unique! I am now following you as well!

Stephany @ stephanysbookreviews.blogspot.com

Laura Massey said...

I'm stopping by again to pass on the Versatile Blogger award to you. Come pick it up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm returning the visit. I love the photos on your blog! It looks like you read an interesting mix of books and I look forward to reading more.