Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Thursday, August 1, 2024

The Reading Life Review. - July 2024 - Future Plans and Hopes


 

The Reading Life has entered year fiveteen. I expect to pass  8,000,000 Pages views in August.

During July I posted on three short stories by Carol Shields (I am following a read along of all her stories initiated by Buried in Print).

In July for the 14th time I partipated in a wonderful event, Paris in July.


Blog Stats 

Eight of the featured writers in July are women, nine men. Only two are deceased, nine were featured for the first time.

Home Countries of July Authors
1. USA- 8
2. France - 4
3. UK - 3
4. Canada - 1

Home Countries of Visitors 
1. Hong Kong 
2. Singapore 
3.USA
4. India
5.Germany
6. Philippines 
7. Canada 
8. China

As of today our posts have been viewed 7,975,472 times
The most viewed posts were on short stories 

Future plans

I am currently reading two novels, Yellowface by R.K. Kuang and Fortunes of War-The Balkan Trilogy by Olivia Manning. Additionally I am reading Jerusalem-The Biography of a City
by Simon Sebag Montefiore

I will continue reading short stories by Carol Shields.

I am also considering watching and posting on a few S/F films from the 1950s, all available on YouTube 



Mel u
The Reading! Life 




1 comment:

Buried In Print said...

I'm so pleased you're enjoying Carol Shields short stories: lovely to have company with a good read.

And that Olivia Manning set: I've heard so many good things, but have yet to begin.