Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction and Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel and post Colonial Asian Fiction are some of my Literary Interests





Friday, March 18, 2011

Literary Book Hop-March 17th to the 20th


"Maybe you will see me,3/14 to 3/20"

To me the Literary Book Blog Hop is a great international community building  event.    This week I want to be sure that all participants in The Literary Book Blog Hop know about an event I am hosting on my blog.     I know not everyone likes short stories.    (The rules are ultra-simple-just read and post on an Irish Short Story and leave me a comment.   I have a resources page on my blog for ideas and links to read online)


Please consider participating in Irish Short Stories Week-3/14 to 3/20
"Hi, I will be a co-host for the week-I was
born in an Irish Story but I am alive now!"-Carmilla

This week's question for on the literary book blog hop is:

What book would like to read before you  die?

Many years ago I read James Joyce's Ulysses.  I would like to read it again, especially after this week

If you have any questions comments or interest in Irish Short Stories Week, please leave me a comment.   

Thanks


Mel u

6 comments:

Darlyn (Your Move, Dickens) said...

Hi, Mel. I'm participating in Irish Short Stories Week, and I posted on Oscar Wilde's The Nightingale and the Rose. Here's the link: http://yourmovedickens.blogspot.com/2011/03/nightingale-and-rose-by-oscar-wilde.html

Thanks for hosting this event. I wouldn't have found The Nightingale and the Rose otherwise. :)

ds said...

Just finished, and posted about, a wonderful book of short stories (because like potato chips i cannot stop with just one), by a contemporary Irish writer, Claire Keegan. Great stuff! I don't think her work is available online, although she has been published in Granta.
Here's what I said:http://thirdstoreywindow.blogspot.com/2011/03/walk-blue-fields-by-claire-keegan.html

Risa said...

James Joyce frightens me!

What Book Today said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Ulysses is a great choice. I haven't read it, I confess...one of my good friends hosts a Bloomsday event every year. Perhaps I'll start it on your recommendation and with her guidance...

parrish lantern said...

Fantastic choice & one I've read, as for the short stories week i'm running out of time but i will check my books for some tale.

bibliophiliac said...

Ulysses is a great choice, but I'm intimidated by the book. I'm just finishing a wonderful book of short stories by Irish writer Mary Lavin. If I can manage to get a post written, I'd love to participate in Irish Stories week...