Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, March 4, 2011

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers-March 11 to March 14-

"I Hope you will join us, 3/14 to 3/20"-Rory
Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers



I have decided in honor of St Patrick's Day and Irish Literature to host what I hope will become an annual event on The Reading Life, Irish Short Story Week.    

During the week of  March 14 to March 20 (St Patrick's Day is March 17) I will post on at least two  short stories by an Irish Author everyday.   There are lots of great possibilities.    I hope you will consider participating.   All you are asked to do is post on one Irish Short story during the week and leave me a comment with a link.   I will do a master post linking up everything at the end of the week.   The options go from James Joyce,   Oscar Wilde and Elizabeth Bowen on down to loads of other great authors.  No big rules for the challenge.   If you need suggestions just Google "Irish Short Stories" or "Irish Literature".   

Every week the hosts of the Literary Book Blog Hop offer us an interesting question-this week it is a really fun question-if someone gave you $80.00 (3400 PHP) to spend only at your favorite book store what would you buy?  Well here are some I would love


Oxford Book of Irish Short Stories Edited by William Trevor
The Collected Short Stories of Eudora Welty
The Rose Garden:   Short Stories by Maeve Brennan
Maeve Brennan:   Homesick at the New Yorker by Angela Bourke
Collected Short Stories of Frank O'Conner
and if have any have any  money left
Raymond Carver The Collected Stories (taking  gamble here)




If you follow me please leave a comment so I can return the follow-I also try to return all comments-


Mel u
"Be Sure and stop by For Irish Short Stories
Week-3/14 to 3/14"-Carmilla

10 comments:

The Flashlight Reader said...

Stopping by from the hop...

I never realized Oscar Wilde was Irish. Interesting... I picked one of his characters as my all time favorite villain.

The Flashlight Reader said...

BTW... new follower. =)


Here's my blog if you want to stop by:

http//www.aflashlightreader.blogspot.com

Suko said...

You chose a villainess! That thought did not occur to me. :)

Mel u said...

flashlight reader-thanks-I follow you now also

Suko-hum yes I did!

Unknown said...

Hi! Just stopping by on the hop. I'm your newest follower. I've never heard of Quicksand...I'll def. have to check it out.
Have a great weekend :)
Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

Anonymous said...

wow interesting post you have here! I think I'm going to check that book out.

Btw, I love your co-blog editors. they're cute hee.

Shah Wharton said...

Hi - Great post! Exciting time approaching. Shah - wordsinsync.blogspot.com X

Marla said...

I'm stopping by from the Hop and am a new follower. I would love to participate in Irish short stories week. I have one in mind, already. I'll give it another read and see what I can come up with. :) I hope you have a great day.

-Marla
http://startingthenextchapterbooks.blogspot.com

pussreboots said...

But I thought of six books I would buy. Come see what they are. Happy blog hop.

Mystica said...

Coming through on the blog hop. You always end up with interesting stuff! have a good weekend.