Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, June 30, 2017

Paris in July - A Wonderful Event Hosted by Thyme for Ten - Year Ten




















Paris in July, hosted by Thyme, is in Year Ten.  I am in my seventh year of participation, first joining in July, 2011.  This wonderful event is your opportunity to explore and share your experiences on all things Parisian.  I focus on literature but you can tell us about your vacation in Paris, favorite classic recipe, art, museums, music or nonfiction.  Or even post on a movie!  It was in July in Paris 2014 that I first read my beloved Irene Nemirovsky, whose image is on my sidebar permanently.  The posts by the many participants are like a class in French culture at the Sorbonne. The full details are on Thyme for Tea at the link above.




I recently was given a copy of an anthology of Parisian Christmas stories that looks like a good resource.  I will read more of Colette, high priestesses of the City of Love. I will continue my read

through of Balzac's The Comedie Humaine, maybe read a bit of Zola.  I have two books on Paris during WW Two I hope to read.

Paris in July is a great event.  I have found through it new to me writers, read stories about Paris trips, food, and art.  I have found new bloggers to follow.  The international book blog community is a great place, needed more in these dark times than ever before.  

Just sit back,imagine you are on a luxury house boat on the Seine, spending the day in a cafe on the left bank, dining in a four star restaurant or in a corner bistro.  Paris has darker sides, and maybe we will venture there.  



Mel de Ú 

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Mel u... thank you for such a great post.. its so true that through Paris in July you will surely meet a new blogging friend, or find a new french author or singer or director to love, and find out something new about french culture and places... i love your book and author reviews, so I cant wait....

Nadia said...

I'm so excited to read your posts for this awesome blogging event. Its so true what you wrote about learning about new authors and reading everyone's posts about Paris has led to new blogs to follow. I just love learning more and more about Paris through Paris in July - its always such fun. And, I can't wait to read about that anthology of Parisian Christmas stories you mentioned.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.