Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome All Book Blog Hoppers-Sept 22 to Sept 25

Welcome to The Reading Life
Follow Me and I will Follow you Back

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focus on  ever evolving genres of literature but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day as well as Indonesian Short Story Week.   I am open to book blog events.  

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-here is the one for this week:


As a blog reader, what information (besides the book review) do you like to see in other bloggers’ reviews of books? (For example – Author bio, social media links, book synopsis from Amazon/Goodreads or one written by the blogger, page count, ISBN number, link to purchase, etc.)”


I like to see a brief  author biography, a page count, and links to other posts on the same book the blogger thinks are really good.   
Feature and Follow Friday

I am also and on and off again follower of The Feature and Follow Book Blog Hop.   Here is the question for the week



Q. Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?


I know lots and lots of people will give this answer but the world of the Harry Potter books is my response.  (As long as I am not a muggle!)  I keep revisiting it as it is the perfect escape world and it has a lot of depth to it.





Follow Me and I will Follow you Back-leave me a comment if you follow me or if you just stop by so I can see what your answer might be.


Mel u

11 comments:

Patrick(iRandomBlogger) said...

I didnt choose Harry Potter but I knew I would see it somewhere! I loved Harry Potter I mean who doesnt.
New Follower
My Follow Friday Click Here

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Love Harry Potter. And it's definitely best as a witch/wizard - I don't want to be a muggle.
My Hop

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Harry Potter is definitely getting a lot of votes today! I did re-read some back when I was younger, I would re-read them before the new book released or before its movie companion released!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Stefanie said...

Love the comic! Lord of the Rings is my series of choice follwed by the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.

Tasha said...

Just stopping by to share some Friday blog love. Come and join Read My Review on my blog which currently has a School theme. Hope you have a great weekend!
Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx

Unknown said...

Harry Potter is very popular! I've re-read them several times myself, though I think I've re-read the first one the most. I love it the best because it reminds me of the very first time I entered that world. :) Great answer!
Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books
*new follower

Jesse said...

Everyone is saying Harry Potter. I still haven't gotten to read them yet. I really should read them soon.

Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

Marilyn Litt said...

I am hopping through and see you have quite catholic interests! It is great to see someone who believes the short story is not dead!

Elizabeth said...

Hopping by from the Blog Hop.

Have fun.

Elizabeth - OLD FOLLOWER

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Starr K said...

Here from the blog hop. Is it sad Harry Potter is still on my TBR list?
I'm working on it, lol. New Follower, http://theliteratipress.blogspot.com/

Aislynn said...

Hopping through! It's been years since I've read the Harry Potter series... definitely a great series! Might have to re-read this winter :)

New Follower!

Aislynn
www.stitchreadcook.com