Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, September 2, 2011

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers


Welcome to The Reading Life


Follow Me and I will Follow you Back

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focus on  ever evolving genres of literature but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day.   I am open to book blog events.  

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-here is the one for this week:


“What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)”


We have no changes of seasons (we have wet and hot followed by dry and hot-I prefer the wet season)-I am looking forward to the release of IQ84 by Huruki Murakimi


I will follow back all who follow me-just leave a comment letting me know you are now a follower

Mel u

16 comments:

Anne said...

Love the Hot English Majors Talkline- gave me a good laugh!
Have a great weekend!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

That's a shame about the weather. I would rather have the wet too vs the hot!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Susan said...

It's eye-opening to see how international book blogging is. What a great community.

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:)I vote for wet and hot vs dry and hot too!!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Emily said...

New follower! And I love that comic, by the way :)

Anja K. said...

I am looking forward to reading 1Q84 too - I'll look for your review when the book comes out!

mpartyka said...

I might go for hot/dry... my first choice is snow! :)

I'm also participating in the hop this week, on and off with the hop this year.

Have a great weekend!

Marianne said...

Hi, I'm now following you after joining the blog hop. You read very different books than me. Interesting!!! :-)

кєяo said...

Hi, mel. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm really happy now I've a blog buddy all the way from Philippines. Have a great weekend.
New follower,
кєяo

Ann said...

I'm just hopping over from Book Blogger Hop and love you little cartoon - sums it all up perfectly!

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-blogger-hop.html

Jolene said...

Just dropping by for the blog hop. Your climate sounds a lot like mine here in Florida. Wet and hot, then in the winter it's dryer and still warm.

I'm a new follower via GFC.

http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/09/expectations-hmm.html

tracy said...

Oh I just cant vote for the heat I am a gal in menopause I am looking forward to the cooler weather;)
I am a follower.

Laura Massey said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am a new follower!

KristinCanRead said...

Just hopping through. Friday Post! Old Follower!

staying in cork said...

I have been looking around for this kind of information. Will you post some more in future? I’ll be grateful if you will.