Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, August 5, 2011

Welcome to All Book Blog Hoppers 8-5 to 8-8-2011


Welcome to The Reading Life

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focuses on an ever evolving collections of reads but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day.   I am open to book blog events.   In August I will be the joint host on August 17 of Indonesian Short Story Day and on August 31, Malaysian Short Story Day.   These events will be hosted by bloggers with a special knowledge of the culture of these two countries.

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-this week she asks us to name an ARC we would love to have-My answer is IQ84 by Huruki Murakami!

I will follow back all who follow me-just leave a comment letting me know you are now a follower

Mel u

9 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haven't heard of that book! Hope you don't have a super long wait for it!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Veronica said...

I love your blog! I haven't seen much on Asian literature.
I'm a new follower! Looking forward to all your post in the future. :)

pussreboots said...

IQ84 is on my wishlist list too. One month and one day from today's hop, the book I'm highlighting comes out. Come see which book I'm talking about.

Suko said...

I hope you get that ARC! :)

Patricia said...

Hello, and hope you enjoy Tennyson ;)

Following the hop and you on GFC

http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/2011/08/weekend-blog-hop.html

Alex Daw said...

love that cartoon !! i follow you and enjoy your blogging.....

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

You have such interesting book choices! Happy reading!!

bibliophiliac said...

I need to get going on my Japanese literature! My choice was We the Animals by Justin Torres. Love the cartoon!

KristinCanRead said...

I had a college Lit Professor who named is daughter Flannery. I love reading her stuff in college. Friday Post!