Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, August 12, 2011

Welcome to All Book Blog Hoppers-August 12 to August 15


Welcome to The Reading Life

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focuses on an ever evolving collections of reads but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day.   I am open to book blog events.   In August I will be the joint host on August 17 of Indonesian Short Story Day and on August 31, Malaysian Short Story Day.   These events will be hosted by bloggers with a special knowledge of the culture of these two countries.

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-here is this weeks question:


Let’s talk crazy book titles! Highlight one or two (or as many as you like!) titles in your personal collection that have the most interesting titles! If you can’t find any, feel free to find one on the internet!


Interesting question!-One example for me would be The Elegance of   Hedgehogs by Muriel Barberry-I was really intrigued by the title and wanted to find out how hedgehogs could be elegant

I will follow back all who follow me-just leave a comment letting me know you are now a follower

Mel u

12 comments:

KarenSi said...

That is a great title. A book I have always been curious about but yet to read. I will one day.

Mystica said...

When God was a Rabbit was the title for me! once I read it of course I realized where it was going...

Lucy (The Secret Life of Books) said...

Hey,

Yes that is a good title. I have that book sitting on my shelf unread. I have heard wonderful things about it.

Happy Hopping

http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

Lucy

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm an old follower who loves to stop in here now and then. Great cartoon!

I'd love to have you stop by my blog and take a look at my post, The Hop: Reading a Jigsaw Puzzle. And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

That's definitely an interesting title!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Dorothy A. said...

Hah! That title is very intriguing. I definitely don't associate hedgehogs with elegance.

New follower. :)

Lindsay said...

Hiya,

Dropping by from the blog hop.

New follower here!

That's a great title and one I have to be read.

Lindsay

http://thelittlereaderlibrary.blogspot.com/

Sally Bibrary said...

Already a follower, hon, but I must say that cartoon made me laugh out loud . . . good thing my coworkers alreayd know I'm crazy!

Sally @ Bibrary Book Lust

Anja K. said...

Great title, I'll have to read that book someday as well. And the cartoon is hilarious!

Anja @ http://reading2011.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Darn you picked the one I would have chosen, this is definitely the best of all the 65 books I have read this year. When you have had experience with French janitor, (I'm French) and well with this very special one, the image is absolutely perfect. My review of this great book is here:
http://wordsandpeace.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/the-elegance-of-the-hedgehog/
Emma @ Words And Peace

Kylie1403 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I just love your layout! so different and fresh!

- Kylie @ http://reviews.blueteacup.com

gautami tripathy said...

Hilarious Title! Look at mine!!!

Happy blog hopping!.

I read varied genres, have a truly eclectic taste in books. Feel free to explore my blog, browse my reviews. I follow via google reader NOT GFC!

Here is my Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday post!