M Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction and Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel and post Colonial Asian Fiction are some of my Literary Interests

de classics, modern fiction,
We



Friday, August 26, 2011

Welcome to All Book Blog Hoppers-Aug 26 to August 28


Welcome to The Reading Life


Follow Me and I will Follow you Back
Charles is very excited to be
co-editor of my blog, as you can 
see


I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focuses on an ever evolving collections of reads but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day.   I am open to book blog events.  

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-here is this weeks question:


This week Jennifer asks us a non-reading question-do you have any pets?


We have three cats.   Charles, a 19 year old Siamese, is co-editor of The Reading Life.   We also have a rescue cat Tammy about a year old now and an outdoor cat that comes to us when he is hungry or wants a long nap.   

I will follow back all who follow me-just leave a comment letting me know you are now a follower

Mel u

3 comments:

The Book Angel said...

Aww I love Siamese Cats so so sososososos much. haha.

My Hop is here!

Jennifer said...

Don't tell my cat she can be co-editor! It'll be nothing but cat books and tummy rub timeouts.

Darlyn (Your Move, Dickens) said...

Your cat is adorable. Now I know why your blog is so awesome. It's because Charles is the co-editor, right? LOL. :)