Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, August 19, 2011

Welcome to All Book Blog Hoppers Aug 19 to the 22nd


Welcome to The Reading Life


Follow Me and I will Follow you Back

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focuses on an ever evolving collections of reads but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day.   I am open to book blog events.  

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-here is this weeks question:


This  week Jennifer asks us to tell everyone what the longest book we have ever read is-


If you include multi-volume works then it is Marcel Proust's Remembrance of Things Past.   For a single volume it would be  Clarissa

I will follow back all who follow me-just leave a comment letting me know you are now a follower

Mel u

9 comments:

The Book Angel said...

I haven't actually heard of either book. But I'm surprised that you can remember. I have a terrible memory but I've also read SO many books. I know who wrote it though lol.

My Hop is here:
http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

None said...

Happy Friday.
You have a very interesting blog here. I'm many reading paranormal/historical fiction but occasionally I read something a bit more eclectic :)


I’m a new follower
My Hop

BookGal said...

I'm a new follower. Just hopping by.

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

Nice answer. I remember reading Clarissa for an 18th century lit class.

Suko said...

Hoppin' by, Mel! I'm not sure if it was the longest book I ever read, but I read Outlander recently, which is a long book.

Anonymous said...

If I consider books read this year so far, my longest read is:
A Distant Mirror, by B, Tuchman, 597 pages:
http://wordsandpeace.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/a-distant-mirror/
Wolf Hall was 651 pages, but I listened to it: 24:19!
http://wordsandpeace.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/review-63-wolf-hall/
Emma @ words And Peace

Susan (Reading World) said...

I love your comic!
I'm impressed you made it all the way through Proust. That's on my fantasy to-do list.

Seduced By Books said...

new follower - come by and visit us www.seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

Mystica said...

For me it was Shantaram - some 900 odd pages and worth the very long reading spell - over five weeks.