Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, March 3, 2023

The Reading Life Review - February 2023 - Plans for the next four months


The Reading Life Review - February 2023- Plans and Hopes for Next Three Months

The Reading Life is a multicultural book blog, committed to Literary Globalism

Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Yiddish Culture, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests. I also read quality narrative non-fiction.

Column One


1. Jon Meachem - USA - winner of multiple Pulitzer Prizes For Presidential Biographies - first appearance on The Reading Life

2. Maria Matios- Ukrainian- highly regarded novelist- member of Ukrainian Parliament - first appearance 


Column Two


1. Euripides- Greece

2. Oskana Zabuzhko- Ukrainian- multi-awarded writer- first appearance 

3. Jhumpa Lahari- UK to USA - featured many times. On my read all I can list


In February Three writers were initially featured, I hope to read more of their works. Two are men, only Euripides has passed away.


Home Countries of Authors


1. The Ukrainine- 2

2. Greece - 1

3. USA- 1

4. UK- 1


Blog Stats


Since inception my posts have been viewed 6,926,277 times. There are currently 4,164 posts on line.


Nine of the ten most viewed posts in February were on short stories 


Home Countries of Visitors 


1. USA 

2. India 

3. Germany 

4. Phillippines 

5. Canada

6. UK

7. Pakistan 

8. Netherlands 

9. Isreal 

10. Russia 


Future Plans


My reading and blogging is slowing down, hopefully just a temporary matter.  


Gravity's Rainbow was published 50 years ago on February 28, 1973. I first read it that week and at least ten additional times. I hope to complete a slow reread in the next four months or so. I also hope to reread his Against the Day and Mason Dixon.


I have in the years posted on many classic status writers born in what is now the Ukraine. Motivated by current events, I read two works by contemporary Ukrainian writers and have two more on my E Reader. I am seeking suggestions in this area.


I want to get back into reading and posting more on short stories 


I initiated a new project last month, Ancient Readings, and hope to read some Roman dramas and historical works this month.


I will also continue my participation in The Japanese Reading Challenge 







No comments: