Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Saturday, December 7, 2013

"The Accident on the Beach" by Sarah - from The Anjali House Writing Project - Siem Reap, Cambodia






"The Accident on the Beach" by Sarah. (This is a pen name to protect the author's privacy)

 

Last week, there were two teenagers, a boy named Maranith and a girl named Kaknika. They were good friends. They were on a beach. At a beach they saw lots of people visit there. There were old and young people. Maranith and Kaknika were playing games with children at the beach. Suddenly, there was an accident. There was a little boy drowned in the sea. People on the beach were very, very afraid. When Maranith saw that the boy was drowning, he went into the sea to help the boy. Then everyone on the beach was very happy, because the boy and Maranith were okay. After that, they had a party for Maranith. Finally Maranith and Kaknika got married.

 

 

Sarah, age 13 



Author supplied data from Sarah (as stated and required under Cambodian statues, all authors are using pen names) Please read her biography.  



   I have a big family. My mother took me to Phnom Penh when I was 5 years old. I stayed in Phnom Penh for four years. I stayed in an organisation. In Phnom Penh it’s beautiful and there are a lot of modern people.


   At night I couldn’t sleep because there were many noisy sounds. In Phnom Penh there were a lot of poor people too. The teachers were strict. I had to study hard, but they were also friendly. There were many gangsters and there were a lot of accidents. I was happy to come back to Siem Reap.  



No comments: