Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Sunday, December 15, 2013

"How We Feel When We Are Traveling" by Robert. - from The Anjali House Writing Project. - Siem Reap Cambodia







Sue Guiney's Introductory Post  -Project Director - contains important links 



Peter, like all the work shop participants, is just starting to learn English. Unlike European languages, the structure and grammer of the Khmer language does not share Latin roots with English, making it very hard to master. The two languages do not even share a common alphabet and Khmer is written from left to right.



My thanks to Robert, a pen name as required under Cambodian privacy regulations)
for allowing me to publish this very interesting well written story.



"How We Feel When We Are Travelling"


by Robert

 

   People like travelling when they’re having a holiday.

They want to know the differences between places. They want to show how they are feeling when they are visiting the places that they don’t know.

   For me, when I am travelling I want to see a lot of things that I have never known before and I want to know exactly what that place is like. How surprised I would be when I see that place!

   Actually people travel for different reasons, but especially for me, I travel to know many things. What new kind of animal will I see? Are all the people the same? How many types of buildings can I see? Is it a good place for me to visit? I want to answer all of these questions, but can I really imagine the new place?

 

 

 

Robert, age 16 we have no bio data or picture for this author




Mel u

No comments: