My Narrative Non-Fiction for 2021
- Fordlandia: The Rise and Fall of Henry Ford's Forgotten Jungle City by Greg Grandin - 2009 - a fascinating work
- The Gulf: The Making of an America Sea by Jack E. Davis - 2017 - Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for History - 562 Pages
- The American Eden - David Husaack, Botany, and Medicine in The Garden of Early America by Victoria Johnson
- The Next Great Migration: The Beauty and Terror of Life on the Move by Sonia Shah - 2020
- Lost Kingdom: Hawaii's Last Queen, the Sugar Kings, and America's First Imperial Adventure by Julia Flynn Siler - 2012
- The Boston Massacre : A Family History by Serena Zabin - 2020
- Dwelling Place- A Plantation Epic by Erskine Clark - 2007 - 653 pages. Winner of The Bancroft Prize for American History.
- The Rag Race: How Jews Sewed Their Way to Success in America and the British Empire by Adam D. Mendelsohn - 2015 PART OF THE GOLDSTEIN-GOREN SERIES IAMERICAN JEWISH HISTORY General editor: Hasia R. Dine2015 - Best Book Prize from The Southern Jewish Historical, Society2014 - National Book Award from The Jewish Book Council
- Independence Lost-Lives on the Edge of the American Revolution by Kathleen DuVal - 2015:Journal of the American Revolution Book of the Year for 2015
- Red Famine -Stalin’s War on Ukraine by Anne Applebaum - 2017
- A Swim in the Pond in the Rain -In Which Four Russians Give a Master Class in Writing, Reading and Life - by George Saunders - 2021 - 416 pages This is a truly wonderful book. Anyone who wants to become a better reader, short story writer or maybe even a better person will profit from A Swim in the Pond in the Rain.
- The Widow Clicquot The Story of a Champagne Empire and the Woman Who Ruled It by Tilar J. Mazzeo - 2008 - 265 Pages A New York Times Best Selling Business Biography
- The Invention of Nature - Alexander von Humboldt’s New World - by Andrea Wulf.—2015 - 562 pages
- Empire of Rubber- Firestone’s Struggle for Land and Power in Liberia by Gregg Mitman - 2021
- Pancakes in Paris - Living The American Dream in France by Craig Carlson - 2016
- The Warmth of Other Suns- The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson - 2010 - 622 pages
- Bury Me Standing The Gypsies and Their Journey by Isabel Fonseca - the best book on the Roma
- The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African American Culinary History in the Old South by Michael W. Twity - 2017. The 2018 James Beard Foundation book of the year. A fascinating book for those into food history.
- The Barbizon - The New York Hotel That Set Women Free by Paulina Bren - 2021-
- Zora Neale Hurston on Florida Food- Recipes, Remedies, and Simple Pleasures by Fred Opie - 2015 - 167 Pages
- The Taste of Empire-How Britain’s Quest for Food Shaped the Modern World by Lizzie Collingham - 2017 - 369 pages
- Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors by Lizzie Collingham - 2006
- Adventurism and Empire The Struggle for Mastery in the Louisiana-Florida Borderlands, 1762-1803 By David Narrett