The Reading Life is a multicultural
book blog, committed to Literary Globalism
- Brian Kirk - Ireland - his work has been featured 11 times
- Nalo Hopkinson - Jamaica to Canada. Great S/F writer, genius at creating worlds
- Jennifer Cody Epstein - USA - author The Painter from Shanghai. First appearance - I hope to read her two other novels next year.
- Lizzie Collingham - UK- wonderful food historian.
- Eric Maria Remarque - Germany
- Margaret Atwood - Canada
- Barbara Pym - UK. I am hoping to finish my read through of her novels next year
- Freya Sampson - UK - I loved her debut novel, The Last Library. First appearance. Hopefully many more to come
- Hiromi Kawakami - Japan . - Multi-awarded writer
Current Countries of Authors
- UK - 3
- Canada - 2
- Ireland - 1
- Japan - 1
- USA - 1
- Germany - 1
Seven works by women were featured, two by men. Two authors are no longer living. Only two authors were featured for first time, both will hopefully return .
I read two non-fiction works upon which I did not post
- Black Spartacus - The Life of Toussaint Louverture by Sudhir Hazareesingh
- The Taste of Conquest: The Rise and Fall of Three Cities of Spice by MICHAEL KRONDL
Our posts have been viewed
The top countries of origins of visitors are
- The Phillippines
- Romania - first time with such a high rank
The top five viewed posts were all concerning Short stories
Future Plans and Hopes - to Blog on through to The end of The pandemic after 660 days of lockdown in Metro Manila.
I offer my thanks to Max u for his kind Gift Cards
To my fellow book bloggers, keep blogging, we are in ugly times but The World needs you.