Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, July 28, 2023

Assignment Paris - A 1952 Film Set in Paris and Budapest- Starring Dana Andrews, Marta Toren -An American journalist in Paris- A very exciting film


This is part of my Participation in Paris in July 2023 - Hosted by Words and Peace

 https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/06/30/paris-in-july-2023/


Assignment Paris is on YouTube 




Assignment: Paris is a suspenseful and exciting film that explores the dangers of Cold War espionage. The film is well-acted, with Dana Andrews and Märta Torén giving particularly strong performances. The film's cinematography is also impressive, capturing the beauty of Budapest and the atmosphere of Cold War tension.


it was nominated for two Academy Awards: Best Cinematography and Best Art Direction. Assignment: Paris is a classic Cold War film noir that is still worth watching today.

I was   very drawn into the plot, I worried about those in danger and I hated the Hungarians.  We also get an inside look at an American Newspaper office in Paris.

In the older films you can see how people dressed, the cool old cars and o,k every body smoked.

I will next post on A Scandal in Paris.

 My great thanks to Emma for Hosting Paris in July 2023

Mel Ulm 


1 comment:

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

I love that type of espionage movie, I definitely need to watch this one, plus I love Budapest too!