Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Paris in July -2023 - My Plans


 Paris in July - My Plans for the Event 


Website for Paris in July - Hosted by Words and Peace

https://wordsandpeace.com/

This will be my 13th year participating in Paris in July. Participants share their experiences with French cuisine, literature, movies, and their trips to Paris.

This year I hope to do posts on set at least partially in Paris movies by the team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger as well as two by Alexander Korda, from the 1930s set during the French Revolution. All the films can be watched for free on YouTube.




I a few months ago acquired a book perfect for Paris in July,PARIS WAS OURS THIRTY-TWO WRITERS REFLECT ON THE CITY OF LIGHT- Edited by Penelope Rowlands- 2011- 280 Pages. I plan to feature a number of the essays.



If I can work it out I will post on some of the great writers of Paris.

Mel Ulm



4 comments:

Marianne said...

Some good ideas there. I am glad we are doing Paris in July again this year.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I have Paris Was Ours in my stack, too.

Mel u said...

Marianne- I am too

Mel u said...

Deb Nance- I am looking forward to your posts this year