Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, July 21, 2023

Charade- A 1963 Film Starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant - Directed by Stanley Dolan - Set in Paris


 


Charade is Available on YouTube 


This is part of my Participation in Paris in July 2023- Hosted  by Words and Peace 


https://wordsandpeace.com/


This is my second post on a set in Paris Film Starring Audrey Hepburn. My first was The gorgeous Funny Face.


Charade follows Regina Lampert (Hepburn), a young woman who discovers upon her return to Paris that her husband has been murdered. She soon learns that he was involved in a theft of a quarter of a million dollars during World War II, and that three of his former associates are now after the money. Regina teams up with Peter Joshua (Grant), a mysterious stranger who may or may not be involved in the theft, to try to find the money and stay alive.


Charade is kind of a combination of a romance, a murder mystery, with some scary elements set against iconic Parisisn scenes. There are numerous surprises,  for sure I did not see the gratifying ending coming.


My next Audrey Hepburn in Paris  movie will be Sabrina.


Mel Ulm



3 comments:

Marianne said...

Brilliant film. I didn't think about it as being Parisian but you are right, it totally is. As is Sabrina. Great ideas for Paris in July.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Ah ah, this one I have seen!! But maybe time to rewatch!

Marg said...

Hmmm...I don't have much planned for this afternoon! Maybe I can take a look at these!