Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, October 28, 2011

The Book Blogger Hop 10/28 to 10/31


Welcome to The Reading Life
Follow Me and I will Follow you Back

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focus on  ever evolving genres of literature but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day as well as Indonesian Short Story Week.   I am open to book blog events.  

Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-here is the one for this week which is timed to for Halloween:

“What is your favorite Halloween costume?
Even if you don’t celebrate, what kinds of costumes do you like?”


I do not personally celebrate Halloween but it is a big day here in the Philippines for kids.    In our local community we always have a big kid centered  Halloween party with several costume contests for different age brackets.   

Jenifer has said this will be the last Book Blog Hop in a while so she can ponder the future of the event.   I wish to thank her for her hard work and salute her great community building event.   

If you hop by, please leave a comment so I can return the visit and as always I try hard to follow back all who are kind enough to follow me.

Mel u

3 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

I don't even remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween. I just like eating the candy! ;)

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

Just blogging by, happy Friday!

@parridhlantern said...

At work with the students, we make an effort dress up in costumes, mine's normally some variation of a clowns outfit but made a bit more psycho.