The Reading Life is a multicultural
book blog, committed to Literary Globalism
- Jennifer Cody Epstein - USA - author of The Painter from Shanghai and Wunderland
- Alison MacLeod - Canada -author of Tenderness- featured numerous times
- David Narrett - USA - author of Adventurism and Empire The Struggle for Mastery in the Louisiana-Florida Borderlands, 1762-1803 - initial appearance
- Madeline Martin - USA - author of The Last Book Store in London - First appearance
- Kerri Maher - USA - author of The Paris Bookseller -first appearance
- Judithe Little - USA - author of The Channel Sisters - first appearance
Five of The six authors are Americans, one is Candian, all are living, one male author is featured. All but one were featured for the first time.
This is the smallest number of authors ever featured in the Month end report.
All of featured works have my strong endorsement.
In December I read two books upon which I did not post
- Hiding man : a biography of Donald Barthelme / Tracy Daugherty. - 2009- a brilliant literary biography
- The Reading List - A Novel by Sara Adams. 2021. A disappointment
Our posts have been viewed 6,564,098:times
There are currently 4027 posts online
Home Countries of Visitors
- The Philippines
- The Netherlands
The ten most viewed posts were all on short stories.
The most viewed post in December was “Subha" by Rabindranth Tagore (13 pages, 1918).
Shortly I will do my year end 2021 Reading Life Review and I will talk a bit about my future hopes for The Reading Life there.
Congratulations on a great year, wishing you a safe & healthy new year
You've been reading some very long books; I hope that's the only reason your log is unusually short this month! Take care.
Post a Comment