Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop-July 22 to July 25

Welcome to The Reading Life

I have been an on and off participant in The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for books for a long time.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    

My blog and my reading focuses on an ever evolving collections of reads but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Flannery O'Connor, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and review an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day.   I am open to book blog events.   In August I will be the joint host on August 17 of Indonesian Short Story Day and on August 31, Malaysian Short Story Day.   These events will be hosted by bloggers with a special knowledge of the culture of these two countries.


Every week Jennifer poses an interesting question for us-this week she asks us if there is a literary genre that we wish we were into but just cannot seem to find a way to read-my answer is just No there is not.



I will follow back all who follow me-just leave a comment letting me know you are now a follower

Mel

5 comments:

aloi said...

all genres are worth a try :) you've got an impressive set of genres already!

(ps. new follower!)

http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.com/

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

That's great that you can give any genre a try. Me, I'm kind of picky. I gotta have something supernatural going on for me to be willing to try it.

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

KristinCanRead said...

Hi! New Follower!
My Follow Friday!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This cartoon is too cute!

martha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.