This Month I decided to do two author collages, one on Australian writers and another for the remainder
- Nancy Hale - USA - a very prolific writer. I hope to read lots of her Short Stories in 2021
- Steve Wade - Ireland - author of Fields of Butterfly Flames - I have been closely following his work for seven years and look forward to reading much more.
- N. K. Jeminsin - USA - highly regarded and awarded science fiction writer - currently Reading her Broken Earth Trilogy
- Margaret Atwood.- Canada
- Edward Westermann - USA - Historian focusing on Germany during WW Two
- Mia Alvar - Phillippines to USA - Author in The Country - Short Stoies about Filipinos all over the world
- Anna Goldberg - USA to Austria - Author of I Belong to Vienna
- Augustine Sedgewick - USA - author of Coffeeland: One Man's Dark Empire and the Making of Our Favorite Drug
- Robert Walser - Austria -
- Grimm Brothers - Germany
- Brian Kirk - Ireland -featured many times on The Reading Life
- Stefan Zweig - Austria
In November I participated in The Annual Aussie Reads Challenge
- John Lang - Australia - first novelist born in Australia
- Rudd Steele - Australia - stories of convict Life
- Barbara Boynton - Ireland to Australia- author Bush Studies, known for her stories about The lives of women settlers in the early days - a great writer
- Shirley Hazzard - Australia
- Henry Handel Richardson - Australia - prolific Multi- Genre writer
- Marcus Clarke - England to Australia - stories of The early colonial days
- Mary Fortune - Ireland (Belfast) to Australia - author of over 400 stories, mostly about crimes
- Catherine McNamara - Australia - author of two Short Collections i highly endorse- Pelt and Other Stories and The Cartography of Ofhers. I Will post on her again this Month
- Sylvia Petter - Australia - author All the Beautiful Liers - Award winning Multi-genre writer
Birth countries of Authors
- Australia - 6
- USA - 5
- Ireland - 4
- Austria - 2
- Switzerland- 1
- Canada - 1
- Germany - 1 (I am treating The Grimm brother together)
Nine works by women were featured in November, 13 men. Ten authors are living, 12 are deceased.
Blog Stats for November
There are 3832 posts currently on The Reading Life
There has been 6,169,410 Pages views since inception
Home Countries of Visitors
- The Phillippines
- Germany - highest Position so far
- Macao - first time on list
Posts on Short Stories were featured 18 times, Plus a novel by Margaret Atwood (as part of my participation in Margaret Atwood Reading Month) and three works of non-fiction.
December Plans and hopes
I am very much looking Forward to Reading All The Beautiful Liers by Sylvia Petter as well as Loving Modigliani by Linda Lappin. I have been happily Reading Lappin’s work for over ten years.
I have two long German novels I hope to finish one of these days - Cain and Abel by Gregor Von Rezori and The Man Without Qualities by Robert Musil.
You can get an idea of my near term hopes from The images on my Sidebar.
I offer my thanks to Max u for his kind provision of Amazon Gift Cards.
To those who take The trouble to leave comments, you Help to keep us going.
Mel u -curator and founder
With Ambrosia Bousweau - European Editor