1. I am pretty sure my top reading and blogging interest will continue to be Irish literature. I am expanding out from the short story and contemporary novels to Irish poetry and am rereading Ulysses for the first time in decades. I am also reading Irish history. I will, I hope continue to expand on the 80 Q and A sessions I have done with Irish writers. Starting March 1 2014, God willing, Irish Short Story Month Year IV will begin.
2. I hope to read more Japanese novels, one of my core interests, more post colonial works from India and Filipino short stories.
3. I will read, with no preset plans, classics, modern fiction, new fiction that seems promising.
4. I love short stories and will read, I hope, a lot more of them. I plan to read many short stories by authors from the Indian subcontinent.
5. I hope to continue to publish more short stories. If you are interested in this, please contact me.
6. I hope to read works by writers I have not heard of yet that will be among the greatest things I have ever read.
7. I hope to follow the literary careers of everyone who has done a Q and A on my blog. If you are interested in this, contact me.
8. I hope to continue to build networks to readers all over the world. I regret the closing of Google Reader and hope I can figure out how to add widgets for Digg, Bloglovin, and Feedly.
Congratulations on 4 years, Mel!
Congratulations & here's to many more. PS love the idea of more poetry :-)
Mel, it looks like you've a hectic reading schedule for your fifth year. I like the focus on literature from the subcontinent and look forward to reading your reviews on short stories from India. Eighty Q&As with Irish writers is an amazing feat. I read poetry occasionally.
Post a Comment